Friday, April 23, 2010

Presentations are done after solving photoshop issue

Another late night, trying to get everything finished up for tomorrow. I learned a difficult lesson about working with gif in Adobe Photoshop CS3. I made a gif animation and saved as only gif, forgot to save the raw file and I needed to reedit the animation and Photoshop CS3 only open it as one frame.

From back in the days, I remember Photoshop allowing you to open already created gifs using image ready, but that feature is gone in CS3. I did some goggling and found out that the option is back in CS5 after user complaints. But I only had CS3 and I needed a solution. So, I started searching and found out that, I might be able to use Quicktime to load it into Photoshop as video.

So here is the solution.

I downloaded and installed latest version of Quicktime from Apple's site. You don't need pro. This will enable the following option to import in Photoshop.

Files > Import > Video Frames to Layer

Browse to the folder where the gif animation is and type in *.gif into the file name field and press enter. You can now see all gifs. Select one and load. Make sure you select make frame animation tick mark and click ok.


The final presentation is ready, now all we have to do is practice and dress nicely.
http://hongkong.proximity.on.ca/muhaque/presentation_final.pptx

No comments:

Post a Comment